Maingear Shift Limited Edition Chassis
With a long length of aluminum running down the face of this cassis the black anodized and brushed surface is all you see aside from the shiny plastic breaking up the panel and housing the power and reset buttons. At the bottom left side, that Maingear name is pressed into the panel.
There are a total of five 5.25" bays, but two are in use with the pop-up I/O panel and the EPIC Audio device. The other three slots have removable covers to allow you to install things behind this left hand swing door.
The top of the Shift chassis is also aluminum and due to the ninety degree rotation of the motherboard, there is the rear I/O access cover that is well ventilated, behind the pop-up I/O panel.
Once pressed down in the front, the front I/O panel pops up and allows access to the multi-card reader slots, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 and the microphone and headphone 3.5mm jacks.
On the side of the chassis the top is angled to meet up with the frame from the old RV01. The rest of the expanse is a solid sheet of aluminum with ventilation at the bottom covered with mesh and the Maingear logo smack in the center of the door.
On the back of the chassis there is ventilation at the top under where all of your rear I/O wiring will soon go. There is even the Maingear name here and way down at the bottom is where the power supply goes, placed a few inches into the case.
The right side of the chassis is even appointed just as the left side was. From every angle there is no doubt who manufactured the chassis they are looking at.
To gain access to the top of the chassis so that we can remove the doors soon, you need to remove a pair of these screws located along the back at the top of the chassis.
Once the top is removed you can see the "rear" of the chassis. There is a 120mm fan installed to exhaust the chassis, seven expansion slots and the pair of slide releases for the door panels.
Under the chassis there is a huge rear foot assembly to allow Maingear to square off a case that little to no material in this area to start with. In the front, the bezel is lower than the chassis and has a rubber strip to keep it from sliding and protect your desk or wood floor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit