Installation and Finished Product
With the hardware installed on my LGA1155 motherboard, at the top all you can see is the risers. These simply slide through the board and are shaped to go into the back plate one way. Once in these are locked in place with the nuts.
The back plate has holes in it to make room for the socket screws, so in my installation it can only go one way. As for AMD users, you can now see the amount of isolation material that is applied to protect your motherboard.
With the motherboard ready, all we have to do is set the cooler on the processor with a bit of TIM and then insert the scissor style hardware and screw it into place. The screws do eventually bottom out when the cooler is fully screwed down.
Taller memory is a no-go with this cooler as well. For normal memory such as this there is no problem accessing all four slots, but you may have to remove the fan to get to the innermost slot.
As the TPC 812 ships, the cooler doesn't take over the top half of the motherboard like a lot of coolers we have just looked at. In fact, I am quite pleased with being able to get to the 8-pin EPS connection, not running into the video cards and I can still get to my memory.
This is just one last look at the TPC 812 just before I take the motherboard and install it onto the test bench for its torture session.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master TPC 812 Vertical Vapor Chamber CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019