Installation and Finished Product
With the hardware installed on my LGA1155 motherboard, at the top all you can see is the risers. These simply slide through the board and are shaped to go into the back plate one way. Once in these are locked in place with the nuts.
The back plate has holes in it to make room for the socket screws, so in my installation it can only go one way. As for AMD users, you can now see the amount of isolation material that is applied to protect your motherboard.
With the motherboard ready, all we have to do is set the cooler on the processor with a bit of TIM and then insert the scissor style hardware and screw it into place. The screws do eventually bottom out when the cooler is fully screwed down.
Taller memory is a no-go with this cooler as well. For normal memory such as this there is no problem accessing all four slots, but you may have to remove the fan to get to the innermost slot.
As the TPC 812 ships, the cooler doesn't take over the top half of the motherboard like a lot of coolers we have just looked at. In fact, I am quite pleased with being able to get to the 8-pin EPS connection, not running into the video cards and I can still get to my memory.
This is just one last look at the TPC 812 just before I take the motherboard and install it onto the test bench for its torture session.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master TPC 812 Vertical Vapor Chamber CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games