Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler
As with the PH-TC14PE, the PH-TC14CS has a top plate that covers the end of the fins and the termination of the heat pipes for not only a cleaner look, but it gives them room to apply the company name really large across it, so there is no mistaking whose cooler you are using.
From the side you can see the fans have their work cut out for them as they have to pass through this double stack of forty-four thick aluminum fins. This is what is meant with the dual tower design; they laid one set on top of the other and ran the pipes in between them.
The heat pipes make tight but graceful bends that don't kink the heat pipes in their journey from the base to the middle of the sets of fins. Having five 8mm diameter heat pipes taking the heat out of the copper base should be sufficient and plating both the base and the pipes will keep it looking good.
The base is made of two parts of copper with the five heat pipes sandwiched between then to get the heat moving away from the CPU. As for the mounting hardware seen here, Phanteks mounts this to the base so that you don't have to fiddle with it in the small amount of room under this cooler.
The base is milled much like a Noctua cooler and it has this "warning" sticker protecting the base rather than the hard plastic protector we see in Noctua packaging. All the same in the end though really, as this base is in great condition.
For anti-vibration purposes you have to get into the hardware and place these strips down each side of the fin array, both top and bottom before you clip the fans into place.
To give you an idea of how well polished this surface is, you are seeing the reflection of the sticker you are warned to remove before installation. There is a bit of roundness near the edges of the base, but the area covering the CPU was dead level against the edge of my razer.
Now here is a C-style cooler that isn't all bread and no meet. If fact the thickness of the doubled set of fins in the PH-TC14CS is thicker than the fans combined. This gives the cooler some serious surface area and with dual 140mm fan, this cooler should do rather well in the testing.
One last time we go back to the front of the PH-TC14CS, just so we can see that fancy name plate between the set of solid white fans that come with this version of the cooler. As I mentioned, if you get another color of fins, the blades of its fans will match the color theme, but the frames will remain white.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Phanteks PH-TC14CS CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner