AIDA64 Random Access Time
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.60
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
AIDA64 offers several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cache fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron and Toshiba.
High sequential numbers make for good marketing but most users notices the extremely fast actions after moving to SSDs. The feeling of fast most noticed comes from the low access times which are what we measure on this page.
The FTM Plus Slim is a little quicker on average compared to some of the other SandForce based drives and almost as quick as those based on Marvell controllers with DRAM buffers.
The DDR3 DRAM buffers keep the write latency very low and the drives based on SandForce controller have a difficult time keeping pace in this task. It is important to remember that we are measuring in microseconds, though, so a microsecond here and a microsecond there... it's difficult to tell the difference.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- Smash Bros. UItimate is fastest-selling Switch game so far
- 90s hit 'Blood' is being remastered by Nightdive Studios
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 'Absolute Zero' update is here
- GeForce GTX 1070 with GDDR5X could be around the corner
Forum ActivityView More Forum Posts
- LSAC Announces Technology Collaboration with Microsoft
- Funcom announces new game: Conan Unconquered
- Darksiders III Accolades Trailer revealed
- Insurgency: Sandstorm's Open Beta begins today on Steam - experience intense, realistic combat!
- DiRT 4 Coming to macOS and Linux in 2019