AIDA64 Random Access Time
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.60
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
AIDA64 offers several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cache fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron and Toshiba.
High sequential numbers make for good marketing but most users notices the extremely fast actions after moving to SSDs. The feeling of fast most noticed comes from the low access times which are what we measure on this page.
The FTM Plus Slim is a little quicker on average compared to some of the other SandForce based drives and almost as quick as those based on Marvell controllers with DRAM buffers.
The DDR3 DRAM buffers keep the write latency very low and the drives based on SandForce controller have a difficult time keeping pace in this task. It is important to remember that we are measuring in microseconds, though, so a microsecond here and a microsecond there... it's difficult to tell the difference.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Assassin's Creed Origins New Game+ beaten, reward revealed
- Overwatch League Streams on Twitch can earn in-game rewards
- Far Cry 5 detail the dog Boomer, mans best friend
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance sells 1 million copies in 1 month
- Apple iPhone X $999 Buy here www.BizFests.com
- Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit