While we've got a massive amount of Intel Z77 motherboards surrounding us at the moment, we've still got a mountain of latest and greatest video cards that we need to look at. Over the coming weeks you'll no doubt see a large array of both motherboards and video cards along with the odd kit of RAM here as more and more companies bring Z77 specific memory to the table.
The latest video card to sneak into the pile between a bunch of motherboards comes from PowerColor and is part of the popular PCS+ series. While the series has been around for a while, we haven't had much of a chance to look at it many times, so we're looking forward to seeing what's on offer from this variant that is paired with one of our favorite GPU models at the moment; the AMD Radeon HD 7970.
With recent price drops to make the HD 7000 series more aggressive against the latest NVIDIA offering (GeForce GTX 680), we're looking forward to seeing what the latest PowerColor video card is capable of doing. Of course there are a few things we need to do before we get into the performance side of things.
The first thing we want to do is take a look at the package and see what's going on in terms of bundle when it comes to the PCS+ HD 7970. Once that's done we'll take a closer look at the video card before we look at the specifications.
Because we've not only looked at a few HD 7970s already, but also because this is a modified higher end version, we'll be taking the time to overclock the video card today to see what we can really get out of it. We'll then quickly head in to our testbed before we get into the performance side of things at our overclocked speeds.
We've got a fairly feature packed box that opens up and gives us a wealth of information while also giving us a peak at the video card. We've got loads of percentages plastered over the box telling us that the PCS+ offering is better at doing this, that and everything else in between.
As for the bundle we've got a usual manual regarding the VORTEX II fan, a quick install guide, driver CD, CrossFire bridge, DVI to VGA connector, 6-pin to 8-pin PCIe power connectors along with a mini DP to DP and MiniDP to DVI connector to round off the bundle. A healthy bundle indeed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 4 traditional campaign was never in development
- Battlefield V may be set in WWII
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit