When it comes to the testbed side of things there's nothing that out of the ordinary as we haven't changed our main components that round out our testbed. The only difference is now we're using the Ivy Bridge based i7 3770k in all our LGA 1155 based motherboards here on out.
Before we get into the performance side of things, though, we need to see what's going on at the overclocking front. Not all that happy with what our Intel 3770k was capable of, I swapped it out for one of our earlier chips we obtained.
In our original Intel i7 3770k launch review we managed an overclock of 4.59GHz on that chip using this board. Looking below, though, you can see we managed to run a bit higher with our other 3770k CPU that we had handy.
We ended up running at 4.74GHz via a 46x multiplier and 103 BCLK. This is of course a stronger overclock than our other chip which was supplied to us directly by Intel, but still far off from the 5GHz+ clocks we were able to achieve on our 2600k chips.
Still this should yield with it some nice performance gains over the reference clock speeds and we'll find out in just a moment the kind of performance boost we're able to get.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit