Version and / or Patch Used: 1.04
Developer Homepage: http://www.pcmark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.pcmark.com
PCMark 7 includes a range of tests that give different views of your system's performance. In the Advanced Edition you can choose which tests to run. The common use and hardware component tests are unavailable in the Basic Edition.
Overall system performance is measured by the PCMark test. This is the only test that returns an official PCMark score. The Lightweight test measures the system capabilities of entry-level systems and mobility platforms unable to run the PCMark test, but it does not generate a PCMark score. Common use performance is measured by the scenario tests - Entertainment, Creativity and Production - each of which results in a scenario score. Hardware component performance is measured by the hardware tests - Computation and Storage - each of which results in a hardware score.
Comparing the i7 3770k and i7 2600k we can see that performance is very close to each other with little difference being seen. Of course overclocking helps boost overall performance, but due to the stronger overclock on the Sandy Bridge based 2600k, the older CPU comes out ahead.
Version and / or Patch Used: 0.99
Developer Homepage: https://www.virgilioborges.com.br
Product Homepage: https://www.virgilioborges.com.br
HyperPi is a front end for SuperPi that allows for multiple concurrent instances of SuperPi to be run on each core recognized by the system. It is very dependent on CPU to memory to HDD speed. The faster these components, the faster it is able to figure out the number Pi to the selected length.
For our testing we use the 32M run. This means that each of the four physical and four logical cores for the i7 and the four physical cores of the i5 is trying to calculate the number Pi out to 32 million decimal places. Each "run" is a comparative to ensure accuracy and any stability or performance issues in the loop mentioned above will cause errors in calculation.
Hyper Pi performance is stronger than the 2600k here at stock and while it falls behind when overclocked, it's only by a little. Considering the 600MHz gap in speed we get a good idea of the efficiency here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs]
- Page 3 [Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs Continued]
- Page 4 [Intel Ivy Bridge Chipsets]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 12 [Intel HD 4000 Graphics Testing]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- G.SKILL launches Trident Z Royal Series DDR4: ALL GOLD, BABY
- Anthem delayed for PS5 rumor gets smashed by lead producer
- BLACK FRIDAY: Windows 10 for $11.89 & Office 2019 for $52.02
- Valve kills Steam Link hardware production
- Kingdom Hearts III is finished
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6