Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Areca's ARC-1882 series of products can be divided into two separate groups. The first group has 1GB of DDR3 1333MHz embedded on the cards and only 8 channels in a half height space. The second group uses a DIMM socket with 1GB of DDR3 that is upgradable to 4GB via an optional upgrade DIMM and is full height only. The larger second group also ship with 12, 16 and 24 channels. At the heart of all six models is a dual core 800MHz RAID-on-Chip (ROC) processor from LSI. This is the same LSI ROC found on the LSI 8265-8i we reviewed a few weeks ago.
Areca has long used controllers built by other manufactures, but has been able to tune these parts to better serve a large group of users. Areca builds their custom firmware that rides under their software suite that is easy to navigate and configure.
One area that has attracted many enthusiasts and power users to the Areca brand is Areca's compatibility with many motherboards and platforms. This has been a big issue with some controllers (from other manufactures) over the last couple of years, but Areca has been fairly immune from compatibility issues. Even though our ARC-1882 sample shares the same LSI controller with the LSI 9265, the Areca card worked perfectly in systems that the LSI controller wouldn't.
We found the ARC-1882i online at several e-tails. The lowest prices depend on your shipping distance, but expect to pay between $610 and $650.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner