Going into this review we already knew the asynchronous flash equipped Force Series 3 would be slower than the synchronous flash Force Series GT model.
What we were really interested in seeing is if the new configuration with the SF-2282 controller would be able to overcome the issue. Unfortunately additional flash and an upscale controller still do not elevate the Force 3 to the same high standards of the Force GT.
All is not lost for the Force Series 3, though. As long as the Force Series 3 is priced competitively against the Force GT then it will be attractive to several shoppers. After all, the Force Series 3 is a solid state drive based on a SandForce controller. Most users are looking for the ultra-low access times and the Force 3 does deliver quality SSD access times.
At this time, though, the Corsair Force 3 doesn't really meet the financial test. With just a $20 price premium for the GT at the 180GB capacity size, we feel the discount isn't enough. Only you can really decide what amount makes the Force 3 worth your while.
Personally I think $50 or $60 at this capacity size changes the game, but at $20 you are much better off buying the Force GT with synchronous flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- The PC game store wars begin
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire