Moving onto the card itself you can see there's not a whole lot different when compared to other video cards that have made use of the TwinFrozr III cooler in the past. We can see the dual fan design and the heatpipes coming out the bottom that are connected to the large heatsink that sits over the GPU.
Taking a quick look around the card you can see we've got the same dual 6-pin PCIe power connector setup. I thought with the cooler, pulling the power connector in and out would be annoying or difficult, but it wasn't thanks to quite a large gap between the connectors. Closer to the front you can see the typical dual SLI connector setup which gives us the ability to run up to four of these cards together.
Looking at the I/O side of things you can see we've got two Dual Link DVI connectors - one is DVI-D and the other is DVI-I. We've also got a HDMI port and a full size DisplayPort connector to round off the connectivity side of things.
While we're going to manually overclock the card today via MSI Afterburner, this model is an OC version and you can see below comes in with a default core speed of 1059MHz which is slightly up on the default 1006MHz core clock. As for the 2GB of GDDR5, MSI have chosen to do nothing with that and that remains at the default 6008MHz QDR.
As for the clock speeds we ended up with, as you can see we got the core to 1175MHz which translates to 1240MHz via Boost while the 2GB of GDDR5 was bumped up to 6808MHz QDR. This is a nice overclock and should yield with it some nice performance when compared to the reference clocked model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series