Sapphire has put together a really nice variation of the AMD Radeon HD 7870 video card thanks to improvements in all the key areas. On the cooling side of things we can see that we manage to have a card that not only runs slightly cooler thanks to the cooler choice, but it also manages to run a little quieter.
As for the performance, thanks to a slight out of the box overclock, you can see we're able to get an overall slight boost in performance which helps it also come out ahead when compared to the reference card.
Along with all that it's great to see that these added extras come at the cost of only $359.99, a price tag that is only $10 higher than the average price of the HD 7870. What makes the whole card even more attractive is that it doesn't have a whole lot of competition at the moment.
While NVIDIA have done a fantastic job at this $499 - $549 price bracket, we know it's still going to be a little bit till they fill out the whole range of GTX 600 series GeForce video cards. Thanks to this we can see that AMD are able to come out and show a strong presence at many price levels that NVIDIA can't hit at with a new generation card at this moment.
If you're on the lookout for a video card that comes in at that mid $300 price range, the HD 7870 is a great model for that. This isn't anything new, though, we've told you this a couple of times including at launch when we looked at it.
If you're happy to spend just slightly more, and I'm not sure why you wouldn't spend an extra $10, you can find yourself owning a card that manages to perform a little quicker thanks to an overclock while also being able to run cooler and quieter thanks to a terrific cooler from the team over at Sapphire.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Devil May Cry 5 gets stylish new gameplay and release date
- Battlefield V's low pre-orders could hurt EA, says analyst
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada