RDRAM has been around since the Pentium 3 CPU, it wasn't popular then, its presence is being more felt now due to reduced costs, and the fact Rambus has a lot to loose now that the giant of the PC world, Intel, has left RDRAM on the side of the IT highway.
SiS however, has nothing to loose with supporting both RDRAM and DDR SDRAM solutions, as it can use the best of both worlds. We can also expect to see AMD Athlon XP chipsets and Athlon 64 systems supporting RDRAM from SiS in the near future.
ABIT has always done the best it can to provide overclocking solutions as with up-to-date technology, the SI7-G is a great adoption of the R658. Performance of the SiS RDRAM based system is far above anything that Intel was able to produce with the i850(E) and its support for AGP 8x as well as Firewire, Serial ATA, ATA-133 and USB 2.0 makes a great impression.
For an RDRAM based board, overclocking was beyond fantastic, 800MHz FSB CPU's ran without a single problem, in fact performance was fantastic with 1200 RDRAM and 800MHz FSB. While not being able to match the I875P Canterwood but ABIT's SI7-G is still a great candidate for the value end of the 800MHz FSB section.
For those who still want RDRAM for their Pentium 4 processors will want this board as it is the best of the RDRAM boards available anywhere at the moment.
RDRAM still costs more than DDR SDRAM
Rating: 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new Pentium Gold G5620: 2C/4T at 4GHz announced
- Nike's self-lacing shoes are being BRICKED by Android update
- Everything you need to know about Samsung's new Galaxy S10
- Apex Legends' success sees spike in Apex Construct sales
- Samsung Galaxy Fold: foldable smartphone starts at $1980
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure