ABIT has been amongst the most cutting edge of PC technology since the Intel Pentium 2 was introduced. ABIT was the first company to successfully obtain 100MHz FSB out of an Intel 440LX chipset, whose maximum bus speeds was officially only 66MHz.
ABIT was also the first to successfully claim 133MHz FSB out of a BX classed chipset, whose maximum FSB was officially 100MHz. In fact, ABIT has laid claim to many feats of PC overclocking and compatibility revolutions. Amongst the famous is the BH6, the first Socket 370 Dual CPU motherboard based on the 440BX chipset to allow Dual Celeron operations. ABIT were also the first to include ATA-66 support on their motherboards by adding Highpoint controllers, which later allowed for ABIT to support the first onboard IDE RAID controllers.
The Intel Pentium 4 has given ABIT new grounds and again they were the first to successfully get 533FSB out of the I850 chipset using RDRAM on the TH7 and the first to get 800MHz FSB out of I845PE with the IT7 Max2 Rev 2 and BH7. Now ABIT is the first manufacturer to support Dual Channel RDRAM 1200 using the new SiS R658 chipset.
Today we take a close look at the SI7-G, ABIT's latest edition to its motherboard line.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit