ABIT has been amongst the most cutting edge of PC technology since the Intel Pentium 2 was introduced. ABIT was the first company to successfully obtain 100MHz FSB out of an Intel 440LX chipset, whose maximum bus speeds was officially only 66MHz.
ABIT was also the first to successfully claim 133MHz FSB out of a BX classed chipset, whose maximum FSB was officially 100MHz. In fact, ABIT has laid claim to many feats of PC overclocking and compatibility revolutions. Amongst the famous is the BH6, the first Socket 370 Dual CPU motherboard based on the 440BX chipset to allow Dual Celeron operations. ABIT were also the first to include ATA-66 support on their motherboards by adding Highpoint controllers, which later allowed for ABIT to support the first onboard IDE RAID controllers.
The Intel Pentium 4 has given ABIT new grounds and again they were the first to successfully get 533FSB out of the I850 chipset using RDRAM on the TH7 and the first to get 800MHz FSB out of I845PE with the IT7 Max2 Rev 2 and BH7. Now ABIT is the first manufacturer to support Dual Channel RDRAM 1200 using the new SiS R658 chipset.
Today we take a close look at the SI7-G, ABIT's latest edition to its motherboard line.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:25 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- ABIT SI7-G R658 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT SI7-G R658 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ABIT SI7-G R658 - Page 3 [Features]
- ABIT SI7-G R658 - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- ABIT SI7-G R658 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and SiSoft Sandra 2003]
- ABIT SI7-G R658 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- ABIT SI7-G R658 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- ABIT SI7-G R658 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- ABIT SI7-G R658 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- ABIT SI7-G R658 - Page 10 [Conclusion]