ROCCAT Isku Software
After going directly to ROCCAT and getting the latest software from the site downloaded, as I started to install the software, it took a break from the typical straight forward install and it was as if it scanned the firmware of the Isku and detected it needed an upgrade as well. Once I had both taken care of the control panel will open at the Main Control Page. Here you get the basic functionality of the M-keys and what they are set to do default with the EasyShift[+] button. On the right there is an image of the keyboard with the keys in question highlighted to show which keys are shown on the left. If you want to jump right into the macro manager, here is where you do that as well.
Easyzone Control offers you the ability to repurpose the highlighted keys on the right to do twenty other things with these keys. They can be basic things like assigning a timer, a shortcut, or a quick launch and also perform any macro you see fit to set to each of the keys with the use of the EasyShift[+] being pressed first and them any one of the keys to get the job done that you set it to.
Since just about every other key can be reset, why not show off the multimedia default settings and offer drop down boxes to set them to whatever you see fit as well. This goes for the F1 through F12 keys, too! Just to keep everyone up to speed, that is forty-eight total keys not including the EasyShift[+]. With the ROCCAT Talk, I can technically set the one on the keyboard to anything I want too, because the one on my mouse can activate the feature in the keyboard.
Advanced Control covers the character repeat settings with a test bar to see if the results are to your liking before you close the control panel. I love the Enable/Disable keys section; this allows you to deactivate keys that will take you out of a game at the worst possible moment. For each of the profiles you can set an individual brightness so you don't have to even touch the button on the top of the Isku. There is even a little feature that when not active for a period of time, the LED brightness will dim or even shut off completely. There is a voice that will come over the speakers when you change profiles, depress the marco record button and the like. If it bothers you, you do have the option to disable it.
The last tab across the top allows you to click on a button to take you directly to the page to start downloading the latest driver for the Isku keyboard. As for the online support button, when it's pressed, you are delivered to the support section of their site. If you are having trouble with either option, or just need to do so, there is an email request link in both sections to get any questions answered you may have.
And just to give you some sort of concept of the built in potential to the Isku keyboard. When deciding to set one of the keys, this is just the list of the programs and games that are already prepped and ready to be used. Once you find what you want to use, there are also preset command lists that will show up once you hover over it, some of which have well over fifty commands listed to use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- LGA1151 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series