Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Since we know the Isku is based on rubber dome switches there isn't much more to say we all know what they are and how they feel. What we need to cover is what else the Isku delivers. First of all, it's in the title of this keyboard and that is the illumination from blue LEDs that can be set in six levels of brightness and has a "sleep" mode for the lighting as well. Just like the mice we have seen from them, the Isku offers its own EasyShift[+] key to take command of twenty-five keys in the layout for multiple functionality with the press of a single key. Along with profiles, macro capabilities and multimedia keys there are profile buttons you use with your thumbs, the Macro Live key for on the fly recording and since I already have the Kone[+] on my desk, I can now play around with the ROCCAT Talk connectivity that allows both easy shift keys to work for each device while still working as separate units at the same time.
The Isku is a larger keyboard than most. Made of plastic with a black key layout of the 122 keys on the board, the angular design surrounds things in a way that makes sense as it separates the sections and incorporates a wrist wrest into the front of the board because they know your arm is going to be there for hours, maybe even days as you level up or finish that quest. This 24.7cm by 50.9cm keyboard is pretty light for its size and the back has rubber pads to keep it in place with adjustable legs for a more ergonomic angle of use if that is what you prefer.
I haven't even touched on the software really, I mean I made some mentions to what parts are, but I didn't explain anything fully. Suffice to say that ROCCAT has every angle of the Isku covered when it comes to the question "what else can a keyboard do?" and the answer from them was pretty much anything your heart desires! There are the more mundane controls like character repeat settings, the amount of light for each of the five programmable profiles and if you want the audio playback for changes made to the profiles and such. On the flip side of that coin, there are over twenty-five keys that you can set up to do anything you want, as long as you take the time to run through the software and set up the macros, use them for system functions or a full list of pre-installed programs and their various controls already given to you. You just need to set the button to use and hit apply and enjoy your effort in the control settings as daily computing gets much easier because of it.
At this point it comes down to what all of these features and getting an illuminated keyboard is going to cost. Actual locations to find one currently are quite slim for the picking, but I was still able to find the Isku for what I think is a reasonable price considering all you get with the keyboard. Comparing apples to apples I have only the Logitech G105 with its Call of Duty uniform on it that was priced at $59.99 when I looked at it. Thinking back that board really doesn't compare as it was one of those dressed up and had the usual parts with nothing extra, but the lighting. For the $89.99 at Amazon.com, the $30 separation is well justified in what the Isku delivers, especially to hardcore gamers or the ones who just love macros and being able to have the latest and greatest in customizable keyboard development.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit