Paperwork and Software
I mentioned you will find a folder with the paperwork inside of it under the inner packaging, well here it is. Even things like the delivery of the paperwork is taken above and beyond and they offer you this flat black folder with a shiny ROCCAT logo on the front to store the papers and ID card in.
Folded up on the left of the folder it the quick installation guide, which is the understatement of the week. I will show you, it has tons of info inside, not just what it take to get going. The ID card will register the mouse as well as getting you insider information and access to the cooler things that ROCCAT offers that the public at large doesn't have access to.
Unfolding the guide shows the button layout for the standard buttons and once the EasyShift is pressed at the left side. The top right has information about the EasyShift[+] system and macro controls with views of profiles for games with the EasyShift[+] and what they do for you.
On the reverse there are images of the Kone[+] with the weight and case by it and where they go in the second image that also points out the sensor. The bulk of this side is taken up with a congratulatory statement about your purchase with an image of the mouse with a rainbow of colors showing its capabilities in that matter with a list of specifications to finish it off.
In the packaging you will find a black plastic case with the ROCCAT name pressed into the top. Inside is where you will find the four, five gram weights that you can use up to or all four of to give the Kone[+] a weight you are specifically happy with.
When you install the software from the ROCCAT site, upon opening the application you are delivered to the Main Control page. This is where you take care of sensitivity, DPI settings and the double click speed. The bottom of every tab at the top offers the profiles section so that you can swap between the five and set them individually in each section.
The Button Assignment tab is self explanatory. This is where you can reference the default key bindings or customize them to do just about anything you want including macros with time delays if you click on the "Macro Manager" button that is just above the profiles section.
Color Control allows you to either individually set the four LEDs or all at once to the thirty-three color choices to the right of which LED you picked. On the right it offers effects like blinking or breathing LEDs and even offers directional flow of the way the LEDs will cycle that rainbow of colors and you can even change the speed of the effects.
The Advanced Controls give you the ability to change X and Y DPI individually, power on the TCU or enable the distance monitoring. On the right you can change what audible messages you will receive and the speed of the pointer along with the driver reset button.
Under Update/Support there is an easy place to download the latest drivers which usually will include the firmware updates and on the right you have a direct link to the support system for ROCCAT products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard