Specifications, Availability and Pricing
ROCCAT delivers the Kone[+]built around the 6000 DPI Pro-Aim Laser Sensor R2 that is fully loaded with its capabilities of being able to track movements as fast as 200 inches per second at 30 G acceleration and has a resolution of 10.5 megapixels. There is even a TCDU or tracking and distance control unit that "senses" the environment to deliver better accuracy on various surfaces. Taking the information the laser is sending is the 72 MHz TurboCore processor that has 576 KB of onboard memory to work with. Once that signal is processed it is sent over a 16-bit channel to deliver the action to the PC with a 1000Hz polling rate (1ms response time). All of this combined should deliver a very accurate tracking and delivery system for maximum precision at whatever you do.
Aesthetically the Kone[+] is made entirely of plastic and is designed specifically for right handed users. Unlike the Kova[+], this mouse goes back to a more simplified shape that users are used to in mice with the gentle curves and indented sections that offers an easy grip as they and the top are covered with a soft-touch coating. Breaking up that coating on both sides is a full color "strip" that runs from front to back offering four separated LED lights to deliver the full assortment of customizable lighting features. The Kone[+] uses the EasyShift[+] feature that allows for a total of 22 mouse functions that you can use, in Window, as a Macro, or in games for anything from weapons switching to casting spells. No matter your game or working tasks, the Kone [+] is a slight step above with what I am seeing in the competition. Also be mindful of the PC volume as you install the drivers or the ROCCAT Talk feature may make you wet yourself as the gentleman surprises you announcing the change you made to the Kone[+].
As I searched the US market for the Kone[+], I found only a few locations to order one from. The best deal currently I could find was at a place called Nerd Gravity for $72.38 (estimated) with shipping included. For some place a little better known, there was the listing at Amazon for $79.99 you could chose to spend your money with. For near $80 it offers everything I listed above and incorporates things like a removable weighting system, a large ROCCAT logo on the top and is just a pleasure to look at and use. I know lighting is a big player in the "cool factor" and I have to say by that alone, this is the "coolest" mouse as far as customizable lighting features I have ever seen.
If the usability and "feel" of the ROCCAT Kone[+] are near as "cool" this mouse is well worth that price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 sounds like it'll repeat Halo 5's mistakes
- Capcom shutters Dead Rising studio, cancels all projects
- Dad/Toddler infiltrate prize machine, steals Nintendo Switch
- Mono Studio release launch trailer for INSOMNIA: The Ark
- My Nintendo Gold Points can be used for Switch Online plans
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- Psyonix And Hot Wheels Reveal New Rocket League DLC
- Pirate Island Rescue released on Steam
- Celebrated crime caper The Swindle slinks onto Nintendo Switch this October
- Tricky Towers coming to Nintendo Switch!
- Beat Hazard 2 is now in Beta and will be heading for Steam Early Access in October.