The sound levels recorded during these tests was near impossible to measure.
The sound of the pump was definitely now the loudest part of this cooling arrangement. So what I did was to use on the Enermax cooler at both stock while idling for the idle results. With the PWM IC in full charge of the fans speed, I really couldn't hear the fan operating and as the reading on the meter showed, 25 dB at this level is really great results.
Since the Enermax cooler was reaching eighty degrees I figured it was a much better test for the higher end of the PWM scale and with verification of the fans speed in AIDA64 I saw I was running at 1276 RPM and at this point I was hearing a slight whine from the fan, but still it was able to keep the level down to 45 dB at this end of the spectrum.
This is very impressive for a 120mm fan and it shows that Noctua even improved on their own numbers from previous fans they have designed thus far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz