It's awesome to see Palit again with a new sample as it's really been a while since we've seen anything from them. Of course it's not their fault, it's been pretty quiet for NVIDIA over the last few months and NVIDIA only partners haven't had much to do.
The JetStream GTX 680, though, from Palit just ticks all the right boxes starting with the package which we said looks absolutely amazing. The new design looks really professional and helps highlight the new JetStream series that the company has bought out with a nice touch of the Eastern world. We really look forward to see what else becomes part of the JetStream series over the coming months.
Moving away from the outside of the box we move inside it and in typical Palit fashion it's a little on the light side as far as the package goes. There's not heaps going on, but there's enough to get us going and we're seeing more and more companies offer us less when it comes to bundles in recent months.
The benefit that the smaller bundle brings to the table is that Palit can be a bit more aggressive on the price. While not official, talking to them we're expecting the card to come in at round $20 - $30 more than reference class models. This would continue to put the card in below the HD 7970 and when you're talking about a $500+ video card, you'd be hard press to not want the Palit version over the reference card for only slightly less money.
The base of the video card, the GTX 680, is an awesome platform for Palit. NVIDIA have done a great job with this GPU, they've set it at an awesome price point and performance compared to the AMD offerings is amazing. Working with that, Palit are then able to tweak the card, strap on some brilliant new cooling, and in the end you get this - the Palit JetStream GTX 680 2GB is simply put a beast of a video card.
Again; it's great to see Palit back with a new video card and this new series looks fantastic. We can't wait to see what other models come into the series as NVIDIA expand the GTX 600 range. For now, though, this is a fantastic introduction.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- Discord introduces Verified Servers
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- ASUS Lyra Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Router System Review
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard