The Intel Pentium 4 recently took another step in its evolutionary process. Intel has moved on from the 533MHz FSB that we have grown accustomed to and taken a giant leap forward in bus speeds. 800MHz FSB is the new milestone for the Pentium 4 and with this came a need for a new chipset, right? In part, yes and in part, no
Intel introduced the I875P chipset to officially support the 800MHz Pentium 4 CPU. This new chipset brings many great features, but at a rather high price. While it is still some time till Springdale makes it way onto the market, there has to be a medium that can handle the current CPU without costing an arm and a leg - well there is.
A few brave companies such as EPoX, Abit and Albatron are three who have taken up the challenge of supporting this new CPU without changing too much. These three companies have taken Intel's last I845 chipset to be made, the I845PE, and ramped up the speed to 800MHz FSB.
EPoX has come to the party with the most cost affective Intel Pentium 4 motherboard with support for 800 MHz FSB for the latest Intel Pentium 4 processors. So come with us as we take our first look at an 800MHz FSB Pentium 4 motherboard from EPoX with the 4PEA800.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 3 [Features]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003-04-23]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Real World System Productivity]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC Benchmarks]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit