First of all I want to discuss "feel" with you. I spent many, many years using whatever forty to fifty dollar keyboard with or without backlights and I am glad to say, aside from using my laptop on the go, I don't have to go through the usage or rubber dome switches ever again outside of the real of product reviewing. I was told a long time ago that I would definitely appreciate the benefits of a mechanical keyboard during my writing and I most certainly have. The toughest thing for me to get over as a mechanical switch n00b was the anti-ghosting. I guess my fat fingers tend to hit about three or four keys at a time. After a few days and a bit more concentration on finger placement, I have found it seems much faster and I know using this is much smoother. I could go into a ton of detail as to why mechanical switches are much better even for an everyday user than rubber dome switches offer, at this point you will just have to trust me on this.
Now let's pick the board apart a bit and I only could find one issue with my sample. Out of the box, the blue LED under my "W" key is dysfunctional. To many of you that may be an issue, but to be honest, even with backlit keyboards in the past, I always end up at some point trying to run with "E", the darkened "W" is now very easy to find. The reason I am willing to overlook this flaw is simple, the rest of the keyboard is just that seriously amazing. The blue LED is brighter than any board with blue LEDs I have owned to date. Helping with the "under-glow" of the keys at night and looking terrific during the day is that thick aluminum top that is functional to keep debris easy to remove, but also looks really good reflecting the LEDs at night!
I did play around with the macros a bit as I always do with PhotoShop and it was very easy to do. I love that I can keep up to fifty profiles on-board, if you do the math that is an insane amount of macro possibilities do take with you anywhere you go with the K90. Every time I hop on Mumble for my BF3 action, I stick in the Vengeance 110 headset into the USB pass-through instead of having to get up and insert it into my TJ11; super handy! The wrist rest is very comfortable and it doesn't seem to stick to your hands as the get damp in the heat of battle.
It seems everyone is stepping into the mechanical keyboard game. The near $200 of the Deck keyboards is what puts the K90 into an even brighter light. It used to be that you had to be really to shell out the big dollars to obtain something of this caliber. It looks like the days of needing to go to Deck, Philco and even Ducky keyboards are being overtaken with new competition that will ease your expense and bring you options on top of the typical 105 key layouts most mechanical keyboards are offering.
I also know that some of the previous examples may use different Cherry MX switches then the reds offered here, but that isn't my angle. For those looking to try out a mechanical keyboard for not only day to day use, but for gaming and full function multi-media controls, I don't even have to mention the macro ability to sell you on the Vengeance K90 Performance MMO mechanical gaming keyboard from Corsair. The K90 is so well thought out and put together that at the $129.99 at Corsair, the K90 may become hard to find as I see it being the must have keyboard of the year and its only March!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [Corsair Vengeance K90]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Westworld will return in 2020, brand new HBO teaser trailer
- Steam's 'Skulls for the Skull Throne' brings heavy discounts
- Celete's free Chapter 9 DLC 'Farewell' has details teased
- New Mortal Kombat movie expected to launch March 5th, 2021
- Pokemon Detective Pikachu remains no.1 at the box office
- Plugable USB-C Cube Docking Station Review
- ASrock Z170 extreme7+ post issues code error 35 and 19
- Laptop screen goes black! HELP
- ASUS ROG Strix XG49VQ Review: 32:9 Gaming Goodness At 144Hz
- Laptop screen goes black! HELP
- PUBG Europe League Phase 2 Begins Today
- Hearthstone Players Set Out to Steal an Entire City in The Dalaran Heist
- DiRT RALLY 2.0 Season Two Content Launches June 4
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Reveals Operation Phantom Sight
- Warframe's The Jovian Concord Will Shine With Updated Audio/Video Fidelity, New Parkour Gameplay And A Deadly, Flying Eidolon