Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Going through most of the basics, the K90 starts with Cherry MX red switches behind the black keys with clear lettering to allow the blue LED backlighting to come through. These switches require 45 grams of force to move the switches 2mm to actuation against the gold contacts, or up to 4mm where you get a satisfying click. Besides the typical keyboard layout of keys and the number pad, the K90 comes with eighteen programmable macros keys, the ability to record them on the fly. There is also the ability to program three different profiles for a total of fifty-four potential macro keys. One more macro feature is that you can store up to 50 profiles on the keyboard and swap them with other files found via the software. Other special buttons include the LED brightness key that changes the brightness between three level and of course the option to turn them off, the Windows lockout button and the media keys.
To go along with the macro keys and the various profiles found in the software Corsair adds 36kb of onboard memory to handle the storage. All of this is then assembled on a combination of black plastic for most of the construction as you find in most keyboards, but what I especially like about the K90 is that the majority of the top of the board is a thick piece of aluminum used under all of the keys minus the G-keys. This aluminum piece is extruded with a shape that leaves a well where the keys sit that is then cut to allow all of those Cherry MX red switches to protrude through it. This means that is somewhat spill resistant, but I like most that any crumbs or dirt that mucks up rubber dome switches can easily be removed just by tipping the board and shaking it a bit over the garbage. I never even got to the fact that it just looks amazing as well!
By now the Vengeance K90 has been out for about a month or so and availability is quite high in this short amount of time. While searching via my typical means, I found over sixty locations where you will be able to purchase one of your very own. In my searches I did find a few locations where you can obtain this keyboard a bit cheaper than buying directly from Corsair, but to be honest, the ones listed I have never used personally.
If I was in the market for one of these and didn't want to try out a new company, the listed pricing at Corsair is not so much more not to just buy it direct for $129.99. I know I may have just made a few of you spew pop on your screen as you just read that price, but I hope by the end of this you will see the value in this. At this point I will just say that the keyboard is very worth the asking price and I plan to convince you of just this as we take an in depth look at the Corsair Vengeance K90 Performance MMO Mechanical gaming keyboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [Corsair Vengeance K90]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- An open world with no rules: former Xbox One Exclusive Sunset Overdrive comes to PC!
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI Now Available for Nintendo Switch
- Breach Hero Class Trailer - Lock And Load With The Gunslinger