The Asus P4G8X is defiantly a board aimed at overclocking; the maximum stable speed for the processor is 160MHz FSB. This incorporates into a 2.88GHz clock speed or 480MHz overclock with our Pentium 4 2.4GHz sample. We figure that this is a good test to see if the board is capable of overclocking past 150MHz FSB. Both boards we tested where capable of achieving 160MHz FSB @ 1.65Volts. It is worth taking note that the Gigabytes board RAM must run A Sync with the processor where in the default benchmarks it was running at 333 MHz. The reason for this is that the 845PE supports 333MHz memory and that is how it runs at default.
When overclocked the RAM was running only at 300MHz, so the memory was running slower. If you are fortunate enough to have memory that is capable of 400MHz at CAS 2, you will notice higher memory scores on the 845PE board.
Here we see an increase in both 3D Marks scores; the Granite Bay motherboard is still capable of holding the lead thanks to Dual Channel.
And in our final test, we see a drop in the 845PE board due to the reason mentioned above. The Granite Bay board takes a commanding lead when running at 300MHz Dual Channel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 3 [Features]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra 2003]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 8 [Overclocking Results]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam