Quake 3 Arena
Quake 3 Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a range of different products.
Here is the first taste of real world performance, and as you can see we achieve a very nice increase in Quake 3 when moving over to the Granite Bay.
In the higher resolution, we see the Granite Bay chipset take the lead by a few frames per second.
Jedi Knight II
Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast is a newly released OpenGL game that many have been waiting for. It has greatly improved graphics over its predecessor and it fully supports advanced shaders, as well as very high texture resolutions and effects. There is one demo included in the multi-player section that is good for benchmarking use. In order to enable the benchmarking mode, you have to make a shortcut to the jk2mp.exe program located in the GameData folder of Jedi Knight 2. You have to put the switch "+set sv_cheats1" (no quotes) at the end of the line in the Target Area so that it looks like this: C:\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1. The demo file used is jk2ffa.
Again we see the Granite Bay board slightly ahead of the 845PE.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 3 [Features]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra 2003]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 8 [Overclocking Results]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Keylogger found planted on over 460 HP laptops
- Epic Games poach Boss Key co-founder for 'secret project'
- Naughty Dogs Uncharted series hits new record high in sales
- Marvel writer hired for Netflix's Witcher show
- Secretlab temporarily slash $191 off TITAN Temp gaming chair
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series