With the intentions of Intel to use the i875P to replace the 850/850E, Intel has put a lot of work into the i875P, and this work has shown up in a number of places.
These include its new feature set, impressive support for current and future systems and its overall power and performance.
Intel'ts past Pentium 4 chipset upgrades have been very mediocre, simply a FSB change in one and a memory support upgrade to another. The i875P adds everything computer users have been looking for.
The inclusion of Dual Channel DDR for one is one of the biggest features that has been requested for Intel Pentium 4, many were leaning towards nVidia to provide this. Another is the use of DDR-400 memory, which isn'tt officially a JEDEC standard, Intel has moved ahead, working with JEDEC to validate the memory, and use it before it'ts officially out. Additions of super memory tweaks like PAT also adds to the sweetness of the overall chipset. The increase of the FSB to 800MHz in the i875P is also welcomed, rather than having to release a new chipset a couple of months down the track as a stop gap before its next product upgrades.
The addition of the new ICH5 and ICH5R has shown that Intel is moving towards a goal that the enthusiast level and high end desktop and server market have been waiting for quite some time - fast and reliable storage without added controller systems.
In all Intel has made the best chipset for the Intel Pentium 4 since the introduction of DDR SDRAM. Intel has put together the best technologies with one of the most proven processors and done it right for the first time.
Dual Channel Memory
400MHz DDR Support
Native Serial ATA
RAID with ICH5
Slightly more expensive than the upcoming Springdale-G chipset
Rating - 10 / 10 and TweakTown'ts Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 2 [Details on the New Pentium 4 King]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 3 [875P in Detail]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 4 [Intel Desktop Motherboard]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra 2003]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity and Multimedia]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 10 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX 2080 rumored to cost $649
- Battlefield V pre-order sales 'weak', as ex-DICE boss leaves
- Intel holds firm to 2020 for discrete GPU
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: monster card with 11GB GDDR6
- THQ Nordic has 34 unannounced projects in development
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution