With the intentions of Intel to use the i875P to replace the 850/850E, Intel has put a lot of work into the i875P, and this work has shown up in a number of places.
These include its new feature set, impressive support for current and future systems and its overall power and performance.
Intel'ts past Pentium 4 chipset upgrades have been very mediocre, simply a FSB change in one and a memory support upgrade to another. The i875P adds everything computer users have been looking for.
The inclusion of Dual Channel DDR for one is one of the biggest features that has been requested for Intel Pentium 4, many were leaning towards nVidia to provide this. Another is the use of DDR-400 memory, which isn'tt officially a JEDEC standard, Intel has moved ahead, working with JEDEC to validate the memory, and use it before it'ts officially out. Additions of super memory tweaks like PAT also adds to the sweetness of the overall chipset. The increase of the FSB to 800MHz in the i875P is also welcomed, rather than having to release a new chipset a couple of months down the track as a stop gap before its next product upgrades.
The addition of the new ICH5 and ICH5R has shown that Intel is moving towards a goal that the enthusiast level and high end desktop and server market have been waiting for quite some time - fast and reliable storage without added controller systems.
In all Intel has made the best chipset for the Intel Pentium 4 since the introduction of DDR SDRAM. Intel has put together the best technologies with one of the most proven processors and done it right for the first time.
Dual Channel Memory
400MHz DDR Support
Native Serial ATA
RAID with ICH5
Slightly more expensive than the upcoming Springdale-G chipset
Rating - 10 / 10 and TweakTown'ts Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 2 [Details on the New Pentium 4 King]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 3 [875P in Detail]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 4 [Intel Desktop Motherboard]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra 2003]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity and Multimedia]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel I875P "Canterwood" - Page 10 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Remedy's Northlight engine being optimized for multiplayer
- Remedy making new game outside of P7
- Arc System Works and SWERY announce new title 'The Missing'
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Everything you need for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit