As big and mean as the MSI Big Bang XPower II looks, the power draw out of the box is pretty good and at load it sits a nice chunk below the other X79 offerings. The only time we see it shoot up is when we start to overclock and that comes as no surprise as we start bumping up voltages.
On the CPU temp side of things the idle temperature is pretty standard and lines up with our other X79 boards here. At load we can see it sits a little warmer, but only by 4c - nothing too major at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]