Looking at the card the first thing that stands out is the massive fan that sits in the middle of the card. This is a large 92mm fan which sits on top of an aluminum heatsink. Also looking carefully we can see the heatpipes that come out the top of the card which are sitting just behind the fins of the fan.
Looking around the card we've got a typical HD 7870 setup, which means on top we've got two 6-pin PCI Express power connectors while closer to the front we've got a single CrossFire connector allowing us to run two of these cards together.
Finally we finish off with the I/O side of things and here we can see something a little different. While we've got all the normal culprits in the form of two MiniDP connectors, HDMI port and Dual-Link DVI connector, we can also see a second DVI connector in the form of a Single-Link connector. The inclusion of this connector is no doubt the main reason PowerColor opted to not include any MiniDP to DVI connector in the bundle.
Moving onto the specifications of the card the HD 7870 we're dealing with today from PowerColor comes overclocked out of the box and below you can see what the core and memory clocks come in at.
The 1100MHz core clock equates to an extra 100MHz on the core while the 4900MHz QDR clock on the 2GB of GDDR5 also equates to a 100MHz QDR speed increase. We'll check out today what this means for performance when compared to the reference clocked model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New No Man's Sky Visions updated leaked
- Telltale's The Walking Dead climbs out of its grave
- New digital-only Xbox reveal likely for E3 2019
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card