Looking at the card the first thing that stands out is the massive fan that sits in the middle of the card. This is a large 92mm fan which sits on top of an aluminum heatsink. Also looking carefully we can see the heatpipes that come out the top of the card which are sitting just behind the fins of the fan.
Looking around the card we've got a typical HD 7870 setup, which means on top we've got two 6-pin PCI Express power connectors while closer to the front we've got a single CrossFire connector allowing us to run two of these cards together.
Finally we finish off with the I/O side of things and here we can see something a little different. While we've got all the normal culprits in the form of two MiniDP connectors, HDMI port and Dual-Link DVI connector, we can also see a second DVI connector in the form of a Single-Link connector. The inclusion of this connector is no doubt the main reason PowerColor opted to not include any MiniDP to DVI connector in the bundle.
Moving onto the specifications of the card the HD 7870 we're dealing with today from PowerColor comes overclocked out of the box and below you can see what the core and memory clocks come in at.
The 1100MHz core clock equates to an extra 100MHz on the core while the 4900MHz QDR clock on the 2GB of GDDR5 also equates to a 100MHz QDR speed increase. We'll check out today what this means for performance when compared to the reference clocked model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top