Looking at the card there's nothing that we haven't seen before when it comes to the overall fan design. The only stand out here is the sticker on the card that labels it as a "GHz Edition" which is kind of a giveaway to the core clock today. Before we take a closer look at the specifications of the card, though, let's just quickly move around it.
On the power side of things you can see our PCIe power connectors are doubled compared to the HD 7850 with two 6-pin PCIe connectors included here. Closer to the front you can see we've got the same single CrossFire connector that's seen on the HD 7850.
On the connectivity front we've got the same setup that we've seen on the HD 7700 series and up. That means a Dual-Link DVI connector on the right followed with a HDMI port and two MiniDP connectors.
Like the other HD 7000 series the HD 7870 is based on the same 28nm GPU technology. On the Stream processor front we've got 1280 here compared to 1024 on the HD 7850. Texture Units are also increased from 64 to 80 here while ROPs stays the same at 32.
As the "GHz Edition" labeling on the card tells us the core comes in clocked at the same 1000MHz number that we've seen on the HD 7770 with some companies offering us as high as 1150MHz out of the box. As for the 2GB of GDDR5, that sits on the same 256-bit memory bus and carries the same clock as the HD 7850 which is 4800MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit