Wicked Laser Spyder III Krypton 1000mW Laser
Here we take our first look at the Arctic Spyder III's together. The Arctic is in the foreground and the new Krypton is in the back. The Krypton is a little longer, but still retains the amazing build quality we found on the Arctic.
Without the two end pieces we can take a closer look at the build quality of the unit. This is an aluminum case with several ridges that allow you to hold the laser easily.
Inside we see the inner lens that protects the internals of the laser.
You will want to keep a cap on the end so you don't damage the inner lens.
The battery cover on the back of the Krypton has a safety key. Without this piece being inserted, the laser will not power on. Taking this pin out is difficult by hand so you won't lose it on accident, but you will need to wedge something under it to remove the pin.
The new improved Smartswitch 2.0 lights up when the master switch is turned on in the bottom battery cap.
The three led lights tell you where you are in the startup sequence. You have to press the button in the previous image in a pattern to activate the laser. This is a very important safety mechanism, if you don't know the sequence, then you cannot turn the laser on.
Last year some family drove in for the Indy 500 and my 14 year old cousin brought a friend with him. He saw the Spyder III Arctic and knew exactly what it was. The first thing he tried to do was turn it on in my office where four other people were standing without protective eye wear. If he knew the power on sequence then five people would have spent the next half hour seeing a blue dot. We really like the safety feature for this reason.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Wicked Laser Spyder III Krypton 1000mW Laser]
- Page 5 [Testing Procedures and Laser Focus]
- Page 6 [Laser Intensity and Distance]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ