Wicked Laser Spyder III Krypton 1000mW Laser
Here we take our first look at the Arctic Spyder III's together. The Arctic is in the foreground and the new Krypton is in the back. The Krypton is a little longer, but still retains the amazing build quality we found on the Arctic.
Without the two end pieces we can take a closer look at the build quality of the unit. This is an aluminum case with several ridges that allow you to hold the laser easily.
Inside we see the inner lens that protects the internals of the laser.
You will want to keep a cap on the end so you don't damage the inner lens.
The battery cover on the back of the Krypton has a safety key. Without this piece being inserted, the laser will not power on. Taking this pin out is difficult by hand so you won't lose it on accident, but you will need to wedge something under it to remove the pin.
The new improved Smartswitch 2.0 lights up when the master switch is turned on in the bottom battery cap.
The three led lights tell you where you are in the startup sequence. You have to press the button in the previous image in a pattern to activate the laser. This is a very important safety mechanism, if you don't know the sequence, then you cannot turn the laser on.
Last year some family drove in for the Indy 500 and my 14 year old cousin brought a friend with him. He saw the Spyder III Arctic and knew exactly what it was. The first thing he tried to do was turn it on in my office where four other people were standing without protective eye wear. If he knew the power on sequence then five people would have spent the next half hour seeing a blue dot. We really like the safety feature for this reason.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Wicked Laser Spyder III Krypton 1000mW Laser]
- Page 5 [Testing Procedures and Laser Focus]
- Page 6 [Laser Intensity and Distance]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms