Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The new Wicked Lasers Spyder III Krypton is the world's first consumer 1 watt green laser. This new model was launched in four power classes, 300mW, 500mW, 750mW and the unit we are looking at today 1000mW (1 watt). Physically the Krypton Series looks nearly identical to the Arctic Series from last year. You still get the same amazing build quality that we will show today, but the overall length has increased by a couple of inches.
Both the Arctic and Krypton Series use the same Sanyo Lithium 18650 battery which is good if you own them both. In our last review we didn't talk too much about battery life because we never drained it between testing and writing the review. I can now update you on that today after having the Arctic in house for more than a year. Around the time we moved the Arctic sat in a box for over three months. When I located it for this review the battery was still in the laser and the unit still shot an amazing blue beam that lasted for several hours. It is important to remember that this battery hasn't been charged since October 2010!
The Arctic Series we tested last year had just four power on modes - low power constant beam, high power constant beam, low pulse and high pulse. With Smartswitch 2.0 that number has been increased to seven modes including Tactical Hibernation that allows you to turn the laser on without having to go through the security clicks that act as a safety from unauthorized use.
Adding to the user experience and usefulness of the Krypton Series is the accessories packages. One of which is the Expanded Lens Kit ($49.95). Wicked Lasers also sells extra batteries ($9.95), extra chargers ($19.95), a Belt Hoster ($14.95) and extra protective lens glasses ($29.95).
When it comes to the actual laser pricing you may be in for some sticker shock on the flagship model. The 1W version that we are testing today has a price of $999.95, but don't let that get you down. Because green light is so much more visible to the human eye even the lower wattage models are still visible under even the brightest conditions. The 300mW model is available for $299.95 and the upgraded 500mW model is two hundred dollars more at $499.95. The 750mW unit comes in at $799.95, but we think any of these four units would be exciting to own.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Wicked Laser Spyder III Krypton 1000mW Laser]
- Page 5 [Testing Procedures and Laser Focus]
- Page 6 [Laser Intensity and Distance]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- Darksiders 3 devs announce new IP, Remnant: From the Ashes
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Qflash ans USB
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit