*yawn* You know, it's not that I don't like the HD 7770. The issue with the HD 7770 is AMD released it too early. While there is so much HD 6800 stock still on the market at super aggressive price points, this $159.99 model just looks way overpriced for what it's offering.
Testing the reference card, though, today has bought with it a bit more shine to some of the heavily overclocked models from partners which see gains of 10% and even more if you take the time to do the overclocking yourself. While AMD price this card out of the market, though, it's not going to be a video card that stands out for the right reasons.
The upcoming HD 7800 series shouldn't have this same issue as HD 6900's are pretty much impossible to get these days and they're the main model we'll be looking at when comparing the new generation "x800" series model.
For now, though, we continue to have an issue recommending people to buy this model. While we could start to justify it a bit when we looked at CrossFire performance, it's still not enough for us to say buy it over the HD 6870 which as we mentioned the other day, is now coming in cheaper thanks to some even more aggressive rebates.
On the feature front the HD 7770 is a nice model and the HD 7700 series is a nice series thanks to its new 28nm GPU. For most, though, it's going to be all about performance and bang for buck. And that means in the end, you're better off going down the path of a HD 6870 and waiting a bit for the rebate to come back to you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard