During my hospital stay last month we saw the AMD Radeon HD 7700 series launch and while most the time we would look at the reference card and then follow them up with partner cards, because the launch happened while I was away, when I got out we wanted to quickly work through the partner cards we had on offer.
First we checked out the XFX offering which was called the HD 7770 Black Edition S Super Overclocked, then we looked at the Sapphire card and discovered it carried with it a similar strong overclock and we tested the new model in CrossFire.
From there we moved away from the HD 7770 and looked at the HIS HD 7750 1GB to see how the new HD 7700 series was rounded out. If that wasn't enough of the new HD 7700 series we also checked out the dual fan MSI HD 7770 and proceeded to see how high we could overclock the model. After all that was done and I found myself looking at the reference HD 7770 we have here today from AMD. I realized that we actually haven't looked at reference clock performance of the new model.
So saying that, it's exactly what we're going to look at today. While a lot of companies are offering strongly overclocked models out of the box, we're also seeing a lot of companies just offer the stock 1GHz core clock. Being a reference card, though, that means we're not dealing with any kind of package. Instead we'll take a quick look at the card and the default specifications before we look at the test system setup and of course the performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Buy 2 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 64GB $1,038
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit