The ST85F-G Evolution remains 100% modular. It has the standard 20+4 pin Main connector as well as dual ATX4+4 connectors. PCI-E connectors come in the form of two 6-pin cables and two 8-pin cables. Peripherals connections are handled by a total of 8 SATA, 6 Molex, and 2 FDD connectors over four cables. Those seeking shorter cables will be interested in the PP05 short cable kit.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
SilverStone uses the same heatsinks that are used on the 1200W model so it should help provide more than sufficient cooling for this unit.
A pair of Panasonic caps covers the primary side of the SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 850W.
Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Cooling for the unit is provided by SilverStone's HA1425L12F-Z fan. SilverStone claims the grill increases airflow and reduces fan noise. We could not discern the power supply above the noise of our test equipment and never had any problems with temperatures during testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard