The ST85F-G Evolution remains 100% modular. It has the standard 20+4 pin Main connector as well as dual ATX4+4 connectors. PCI-E connectors come in the form of two 6-pin cables and two 8-pin cables. Peripherals connections are handled by a total of 8 SATA, 6 Molex, and 2 FDD connectors over four cables. Those seeking shorter cables will be interested in the PP05 short cable kit.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
SilverStone uses the same heatsinks that are used on the 1200W model so it should help provide more than sufficient cooling for this unit.
A pair of Panasonic caps covers the primary side of the SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 850W.
Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Cooling for the unit is provided by SilverStone's HA1425L12F-Z fan. SilverStone claims the grill increases airflow and reduces fan noise. We could not discern the power supply above the noise of our test equipment and never had any problems with temperatures during testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit