In the realm of low dollar cases and by this I would say the sub-$75 category is where this applies, it is really tough to find more than three or four choices for more than the same concept of cases from a bygone era with a new shirt on and a haircut. I mean most of these cases are honestly a box without much thought at all to wiring, or really any thought of real cooling options, if there are options at all.
We have been through a few of the lower end chassis designs and right off the top of my head, maybe NZXT, BitFenix and Cooler Master have come up with really viable solutions for builders of today. Well, now you can add Antec to that list because I think they finally sorted out the Three Hundred's basic design flaws with the new Three Hundred Two.
The feature set is pretty well appointed. While it only ships with a pair of fans, there is room for four additional 120mm fans to cater the air flow to your needs. The case aesthetics are subdued and will make this chassis a solution that can be hidden if needed and the lack of LED lighting besides the I/O makes this even more possible. The fans also help with this as they have the ability to be put on low speed and from three feet away, the case is inaudible. For gamers with serious hardware inside clocked to the bleeding edge, you may want to plan ahead and get some fans and maybe think about LED ones to attract attention to your tricked out build, fitting with plenty of room inside of the Three hundred Two.
For some reason or another, I didn't get to review the original Three Hundred. With a bit of searching it wasn't hard to find images and threads discussing what could have made this design a full on win for anyone who would use it. Antec took the words of the masses to heart and thought it worthy of their time to give it another go.
From what I have seen, if you were pondering the Three Hundred, don't ponder it any longer. For the $10 difference between the two of them, I don't see Antec selling many more of the original. As for where it stands against the others I mentioned a moment ago, it stands tall, maybe not as well appointed as some, nor is the interior painted here, but none the less Antec still delivers a well laid out restructure of the idea in the Three Hundred Two.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- Hollow Knight for Switch, Gods & Glory free DLC details
- Resident Evil 2 remake PC requirements announced
- Gears of War 5 on PC scales incredibly well, up to 120FPS
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit