Inside the Antec Three Hundred Two
Behind the bezel you need to locate three clips on the left side, pressing these will allow the front to swing open to the right and allow the bezel to be removed while the I/O and wiring stay put. Along the front side of the HDD rack you can also add a pair of 120mm fans behind the bezel.
The first look inside the chassis I found the wiring taped to the floor to keep it from flailing about in transit. Most of the fan wiring is tied up at the top and on the right side, in the HDD rack, the hardware bag is zip tied to the rail of the drive rack.
On the side of the three 5.25" bays we get treated to these tool free mechanisms. Where it says pull, you pull the clip and it allows the drive to slide in pas the pins, once the holes line up, the clip "springs" back into place to lock in the drive.
The six 3.5" bays won't do much of anything right now, but there are slides to put on the sides of the drives in the hardware bag, so we need those to be able to slide a drive into these bays.
The motherboard tray offers plenty of access for the CPU coolers back plate, with a 2.5" drive mounting position next to it. Around that you have four holes on the right side and a slot at the top to manage wires, plus six places to tie them to.
On the floor of the chassis you can see how the filter slides in under the PSU so you can easily keep that clean. In front of that area, where the quality control stamp is, is actually another 2.5" drive installation location.
Here are the included fans in the Three Hundred Two. The 120mm exhaust fan on the left is powered with a 3-pin connector on about 8" of wire, so you may need an adapter if a motherboard header isn't close at hand. The top 140mm fan is powered via 4-pin Molex connection, but both are also wired to the switches in the rear of the chassis.
With the newer idea of pushing the expansion slot mounting outside, they gained another half an inch here and twisting the HDD rack makes room for even an AMD Radeon HD 6990 video card. There is also a bit of passive ventilation added to this one that the original lacked.
Behind the tray you can see there has to be room for the 25mm thick fan behind the socket and there is actually 30mm of room on the right. As the tray goes to the hard drive assembly it does bend back to the rear of the chassis, but the design needs minimal wiring to that area, so the room left is adequate.
The wiring included in the Three Hundred Two is a ribbon cable of black and grey used for all of the power, reset, HDD activity and power LED connections. That leaves the HD Audio connection and the native USB 3.0 connection at the bottom. Hanging down from the top of the image is the Molex connector to power the 140mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Football fans protest eSports, throw controllers on field
- Intel increases 14nm production in its fight with AMD Ryzen
- AMD rumored to be preparing Polaris 30 on 12nm tech: RX 680?
- Two amazing Castlevania classics coming to PS4
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam