Now my personal feelings toward this new sample are going to be a bit biased coming from almost a solid years worth of use of the G110 from Logitech and I really got to like that keyboard. So how does the G105: made for Call of Duty gaming keyboard stack up against "old trusty", my G110?
Surprisingly well, actually! I was getting quite bored of the limited LED choices and this night-vision green used on the G105 is a treat for me. Change is always good. I really liked the dial on the G110 that controls the sound and is not offered on the G105, but other than that I found the G105 has mostly the same functionality as the G110; it just offers it in a different manner. The last reduction in the G105 is the lack of some of the G-keys, but to be honest, I never found twelve things per game I wanted to control there anyways.
For Call of Duty fans, this keyboard is a no brainer and the pricing is so good right now, I don't see how COD MW3 fans are going to pass this keyboard up. I found myself to be more of a BF3 guy than a MW3 player, but even so, I don't care that the name is on the keyboard, I like the green LED backlighting, the simplicity and smaller size of the G105, I just wish it came with a wrist rest. Without drivers you are pretty functional on the basic level. The LEDs will light, you can use the normal keys and the media keys and it looks good just doing that. Once the drivers are installed, the options are only limited to the eighteen programmable buttons if you use all three profiles for that application or game. I really like that the software scans for the games I already have and has pre-defined and easy to get to profiles for said games. If even just to use the G-keys to assign to a VOIP service will make the additional keys worth the additional space on the left of this keyboard.
As I mentioned earlier, the best place currently to buy your own Logitech G105: Made for Call of Duty keyboard is directly from Logitech for $59.99. Compared to the rest of the e-tailers pricing, there isn't any reason not to go directly to them. In the end I like the feel of the new rubber dome switches, as those on my G110 no longer feel this "springy" and I also got out of the monotony of the color choices. The G105 offers everything you need in this attractive green LED and Call of Duty MW3 battle worn logo.
Comparatively speaking, if this board had been out when I purchased my G110, I would have opted out of that in favor of this wallet friendly pricing and the fact that it does look really cool on your desk! Like I said, even if you aren't a MW3 player, the current pricing may make you even lean to this as the solution to your needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [Logitech G105: Made For Call of Duty Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [Logitech G105: Made For Call of Duty Gaming Keyboard Cont'd]
- Page 6 [Paperwork and Software]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ