During my time with the Cube, I found it small for my hands. I mean anyone with large hands is going to find themselves finding this mouse just awkward to get used to. After about three days I finally got the hang of it. Getting used to where to click the mouse came pretty fast and the Logitech Flow Scroll worked great, when it was working correctly. By this I mean that the Cube is not without its issues. What I found with my Cube, is that when the mouse would wake up from hibernation there were instances where the scroll was choppy and the downward tracking would be lost. Every time it was simply remedied by turning off the switch and tuning the Cube back on. Once that was done the tracking and scroll issues were gone... for a while!
Even with its little setbacks the Cube is very innovative and should be a hit to all those office techies who don't know what to get your buddies at the holidays. Stack up a few of these little mice and rest assured, you will be the coolest guy in the office, even if for just a day. I'm not going to go as far as to say this is a mouse made for ladies only, but it sure helps if you have smaller hands. While only needing to move 25 grams around the table and its use is pretty intuitive once the layout is known, it cramped my hands for three days, but I was using the Cube for like fourteen hours a day. For use around the office and the trick ability to be a slide show controller, the original design and delivery in the Cube Grab-and-Go mouse is unique and was cool to see.
The Cube is just being released to e-tailers as I write this, so unless you are going directly to Logitech, I don't think you are going to find one otherwise. Currently the Cube in both colors is available from Logitech for $69.99, plus shipping of course. Is it worth it? Well to be honest, to me no! I know it is new and issues or quirks are bound to arise, but having to switch mine off and on all the time sort of makes the auto wake feature worthless to me. It tracks well when it is tracking and the scroll and buttons work well on a fresh start. I really like the concept, the design, the size, the whole idea really, it's just a shame that I seemed to have hands that are way too big to be comfortable with this.
The Cube is not a complete failure, that isn't what I am getting at. To me the drivers or the firmware could still use a bit of work to eliminate the issues I found and on top of that, besides photo viewer with my family, I didn't find much use personally in the presenter aspect of the Cube. For those of you who will utilize the features as they are intended to be used, I think Logitech offers a solution that can be the answer to your needs; it's just not for everyone.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'The Witcher 3' developers possibly working on Switch title
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!