Epic Gear Meduza HDST Gaming Mouse
As we start the tour around the Meduza we are looking at the palm rest of the Epic Gear Meduza as denoted by the company logo and the stylized Meduza name near the bottom. This whole area in the middle up into the right and left click buttons are all done in a textured black plastic for a better feel.
On the left of the Meduza there are three rubberized buttons, a large rubberized thumb area and four "windows" near the front to denote with LEDs later which of the four DPI settings you are using. The buttons are used for changing the five profiles denoted with five colored lights in the scroll wheel. The two buttons together are for page forward and back, out of the box.
The right and left click buttons are contoured so that again, the user experience is as comfortable as possible, as your fingers rest naturally in the curves. Between those buttons is an illuminated scroll wheel with a rubber outer ring for maximum control. The wheel spins with very solid movements so overshooting the preferred weapon in the selection shouldn't happen here.
The bulk of the right side is made from very shiny black plastic, yet is still contoured as not to forget about the index finger and pinky finger comfort as well. The mouse actually feels more comfortable the further back in your palm is sits. Once there you have total and comfortable control of the Meduza.
Under the Meduza you can see they went with two PTFE feet to allow the front and back of the mouse to easily glide on those wide feet. Near the top is a sticker containing information on the power draw, model number and serial number of this device.
Getting much closer to what makes this all work, the sensors and switches. On the left is the optical sensor and the laser sensor is on the right. These can be used together in HDST mode as the switch is in now, or you can use either by themselves with just the flick of the switch.
Plugging in the USB connection brings Meduza to life as everything starts to glow with red LEDs. It's tough to see, but all four of the DPI lights are active on the left and the large Epic Gear logo also lights up.
The Meduza naming has an LED right behind it. You can tell the glow of the name is much more red than the EG on the palm rest of the Meduza.
The last part that illuminates other than the optical sensor is the area on both sides of the scroll wheel. In red it means that the stock profile is in use currently. The other four profiles will be denoted with yellow, blue, green or purple rings when in use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [Epic Gear Meduza HDST Gaming Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GTX 1180 alleged specs, beats the $1200 TITAN Xp
- PUBG's first world tournament: $2 million in prizes and more
- Fortnite is coming to China, with Tencent securing rights
- COD: Black Ops 4 multiplayer could be inspired by Overwatch
- AMD Combat Crate: CPU, GPU, motherboard combo from MSI
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit