Inside the NZXT Switch 810
Looking inside the Switch there is a lot to take in all at once. First I need to dig into the wiring and get that out of the way and try to locate the hardware and then we can get into a bit more detail.
The top three of the four 5.25" bays use tool-less latches to lock in the devices while the lowest one uses thumbscrews to hold a tray in front of the pack plane that will take either a 3.5" or a 2.5" storage drive.
The six bays of the hard drive rack are contained in this pair of modular cages. There are six longer thumbscrews that hold them all into place, once they are removed they can both come out, or either of them put back in.
See, just like this! Now if you want the middle open, just swap out the racks and add a pair of thumbscrews back to the holes to keep them in place. Also notice both drives have a swivel rack for fans to allow you to set the angle of airflow. Oh and there is that hardware box!
Looking up at the top of the chassis shows that NZXT puts the fans on the inside. You will see in the build that there is also plenty of room to hang a radiator here and move the fans on top if you wish as well.
The motherboard tray looks a little insane to be honest. Thirteen wire management holes that surround all form factors of applicable motherboards. There are fifteen places to tie wires to and a very large CPU cooler back plate access hole.
There are six rests for the PSU to sit on to accommodate longer PSUs as well. In front of that you are seeing half of the dual fan holes in the floor for both 120mm or 140mm fans and radiators.
Since the rear 140mm fan sits about even with the rear I/O top, you can get an idea of just how thick of a radiator you can install in here. If you are using thinner radiators, there is no reason the top can't be set up as a push/pull configuration.
Behind the tray NZXT does somewhat of a job on tying the wiring back and pre-routing all of the fans for power to that central hub seen in the middle, just under the CPU cooler access hole.
Getting in a little closer we can see that there are seven total 3-pin fan headers to connect to, four of which are already used by the included fans. The PCB receives power via a 4-pin Molex adapter that is bent toward the bottom of the chassis.
The included wiring contains the SD card reader, both USB 3.0 in native form and USB 2.0 jacks, as there are two of those. There is the power, reset, HDD LED and activity LED connections along with the HD Audio cable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution