Accessories and Documentation
The black box I found in the hard drive bays has the hardware names and quantity next to each of the images right on the top of the box. To complete the checklist, there are also some zip ties and a fan controller, although I don't see any Velcro.
The fan controller comes in its own bag, but I opened it up to show its contents. You get the twist style knob on the back of the case once the controller is mounted in an expansion slot. Then you just connect the power lead to the PSU via a 4-pin Molex connection and then have the ability to control up to three fans.
You also receive a 5.25" to 3.5" adapter cover for the lower 5.25" bays and the floppy drive tray installed there to get access to the drive behind the door of the R3. You also get a set of eight zip ties to contain your wiring inside this chassis.
Just like the top of the box showed, there is in fact all of the hardware as far as the screws and risers are concerned. The images will help you with any confusion as to which goes where.
The Define R3 user manual is more of a guide really. While they do take you through a step by step set of assembly instructions, there isn't any other help really provided with the text if you were to run into an issue.
The one part of the manual I did find handy was the fold out page and the image of the chassis in an exploded view with eleven of the components labeled for easier identification during the instructional guide reading.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Fractal Design Define R3 USB 3.0 Black Pearl Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Define R3 Black Pearl]
- Page 6 [Inside the Define R3 Black Pearl Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's next-gen RTX server pods pack 1280 Turing GPUs
- Google's console-killer Stadia wages war on the industry
- Google's Stadia changes gaming forever
- Atari VCS console upgraded to Ryzen APU
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms