Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The outside of the Define R3 is a sleek and simple looking concept driven toward silence over LEDs and gaudy looks. The front is hidden by a foam backed front door that has ventilation down both sides of the bezel behind it to redirect the noise the 120mm fan here makes. Behind the door is access to two 5.25" bay covers and two dust cover doors that one of which houses a fan, the other does not from the factory. The left side of the chassis offers the option to remove a couple of sound proof pads to install optional fans in the door of extra cooling is needed and the same is said for the top of the chassis, as it has a pair of fan holes covered out of the box, too. The exterior is completely black in the Black Pearl edition with the door having a brushed appearance put into the plastic.
The interior of the Define R3 is black as well. Well, most of it. The pair of 5.25" drive bays requires the use of screws to mount devices and the bottom bay has a 3.5" floppy drive tray in it in case you are an old school BIOS flash kind of person. Below those you find eight 3.5" bays that also accept 2.5" drives and the trays here are white to contrast against all of the black and are mounted perpendicular to the motherboard.
The motherboard tray will house Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX and ATX motherboards and has sufficient wire management abilities. Inside the back of the chassis you will find things like a white bladed fan, four water cooling holes, seven white expansion slot covers and the padded spot for the PSU at the bottom. Speaking of the bottom, this case can hold an additional 120mm fan in the floor as long as your PSU is less than 160mm in length. I think that pretty much covers the basics on the Define R3, all except for the materials used on both panels and the extra fan holes to deaden noise leaving the user with a silent gaming experience.
Even after a year, locating the Fractal Design cases is somewhat limited. I know they have been as close as Canada for most of the time I was hunting them down, or trying to rather. I guess I wasn't the only one finding it tough to get my hands on these cases; it seems e-tailers are too. The overseas market is also a lot easier to locate these cases. As I look via Google shopping I am finding only two locations other than e-bay currently. The cheapest of the pair of listings is the one I found at Newegg.com for $109.99 and $14.99 in shipping costs. For a little more than $120 dollars and a trip to Newegg.com you can have this sleek and well thought out case all to yourself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Fractal Design Define R3 USB 3.0 Black Pearl Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Define R3 Black Pearl]
- Page 6 [Inside the Define R3 Black Pearl Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top