Cabling for the Platimax 1000W is identical to that of the Revolution87+ 1000W and we still feel that the cable selection is only decent. We say decent for a multitude of reasons.
The natively wired PCI-E cables are a tad short and will likely prove to be hard to utilize if you are routing cables behind the motherboard tray and around to a video card. There is also the strong selection of Molex peripheral connectors along with the floppy connector. A few more SATA connectors would be nice along with just including a Molex to FDD connector.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Popping the bottom off, we see that Enermax has kept it simple. The clean design allows for good air penetration to all the components and good cooling.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con caps adorns the primary side of the power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Enermax uses their own EA142512M-0A fan to provide cooling for the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series