Cabling for the Platimax 1000W is identical to that of the Revolution87+ 1000W and we still feel that the cable selection is only decent. We say decent for a multitude of reasons.
The natively wired PCI-E cables are a tad short and will likely prove to be hard to utilize if you are routing cables behind the motherboard tray and around to a video card. There is also the strong selection of Molex peripheral connectors along with the floppy connector. A few more SATA connectors would be nice along with just including a Molex to FDD connector.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Popping the bottom off, we see that Enermax has kept it simple. The clean design allows for good air penetration to all the components and good cooling.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con caps adorns the primary side of the power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Enermax uses their own EA142512M-0A fan to provide cooling for the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard