Inside the Xigmatek Midgard II Continued
As I got the tape measure out, I can see there is right around an inch and a quarter of space here, for those on the metric system that is right near 32mm. There is additional room under the mesh cover and if the motherboard allows it, the fans can go under the steel the tape measure is resting on top of.
The motherboard tray is set pretty high in the case and puts the motherboard very close to the top steel of the chassis. Contained in the tray is a really large access hole for a mid-tower case, five large wire management holes and twenty-one locations to strap wiring too.
Under the nine bladed, scythe shaped, black exhaust fan you can see the seven expansion slots and the solid steel covers. These are all held in place with thumbscrews over the flimsy plastic latches used in the predecessor.
Around where the PSU mounts you find a thick foam gasket along with four rubber pads on the floor of the chassis to isolate any vibrations that may result from the PSU and case rubbing is eliminated. As long as your PSU is less than 150mm, you should be able to use the 120mm hole in the floor for a fan.
Behind the motherboard tray, at minimum, you have 25mm of room for anything you need to stuff back here, like the included wiring. Here you have leads for the SATA dock, a Molex connection to power the dock, two fans, native USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HD and AC'97 audio and the rainbow of wires to connect for the buttons and LEDs to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Xigmatek Midgard II Mid Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Xigmatek Midgard II]
- Page 6 [Inside the Xigmatek Midgard II Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti AMP! smile for photos
- EVGA's new GeForce RTX 2080 XC Ultra unveiled
- Palit's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti GamingPro pictured
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- Z68 Fatal1ty with Mushkin 2133 RAM errors
- Buy (10) Apple iPhone X $4,490 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada