The ARCTIC Freezer i30 CPU Cooler
From the front it appears that the black plastic fan shroud may use hex head screws to mount the fan, but these are just there for decoration. Inside the frame there is the nine, sickle shaped, blades with a reflective ring around the ARCTIC logo in the centre hub.
The black shroud uses a set of clips on both sides of the cooler to get its grip on the aluminum. The shroud is form fitted and can only go on the cooler in one way, so if you do have the need to replace or clean the fan - it's really easy to do.
Moving back a bit we can now see that the sides of the forty-eight fins are all closed keeping every last bit of air flow inside the cooler to maximize the heat transfer. The large shroud will encroach on the memory space, as you will soon see in the installation images.
I took this shot off center to show all of the angles in the back on the Freezer i30. It almost reminds me of an OCZ Vendetta cooler in the basic shaping. Again, with this design it is about maximizing the surface area where it matter so that ARCTIC can use the "virtually silent" fan.
As with the opposing side of the cooler, this side is closed off as well. On both sides, where the black plastic extends furthest is where the shroud gets released from the body of the i30.
In this image you can see the styling that is added to the fins around the heat pipe ends protruding through the top. I also removed the fan and shroud to show the flat leading edge of all of the fin assembly. On a side note there is also a lot of burs on this edge I think could have been cleaned up to improve air flow.
As the pipes make gentle sweeping bends from the bottom fin into the base, ARCTIC did it without deforming the pipes. At the base of this cooler the pipes are mated with the aluminum plate for mounting, and for shipping, there is a protective sticker in place.
With the sticker removed you can see the milling marks from when the heat pipes were levelled off. There are some large gaps between the pipes and ARCTIC advises a line of TIM on each pipe to provide the correct amount to assure the best results with this cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ARCTIC Freezer i30 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- Digital-only Xbox One may have pre-loaded services, games
- Xbox Game Pass is wildly successful
- Netflix's new price hike is biggest in company history
- Hitman HD Enhanced Collection released with launch trailer
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio