Moving onto the card the first thing you're going to notice is that it looks nearly identical to the reference card with the only difference being two HIS stickers on the front of the card. We've got the same fan design on the right that helps push air over the GPU and straight out the back of the case, along with the same black and red combination.
More often than not we see companies stick to the reference cooler design at launch of these high-end cards because they don't normally have the time to have their own design ready. XFX seemed to buck that trend this time around, though, hopefully we'll see companies like HIS offer us an IceQ model sooner rather than later.
Taking a quick spin around the card we've got our two power connectors at the back in the form of a single 6-Pin and 8-Pin PCIe power connector, closer to the front we've got two CrossFire headers that support up to four cards and next to that we've got our BIOS switch which we continue to say doesn't have the largest of use on this model. Like the HD 6900 series, we'll see how the BIOS switch develops over the upcoming models.
Finally we finish up with the IO side of things which sees a Dual-Link DVI connector, full size HDMI port and two mini DP connectors rounding out the bottom half. The top half is of course our vents to help let the hot air be pushed out the back of the case.
Moving into the specification side of things there's no real big surprise with the reference clocks that are present on the card. That means 925MHz on the core and 5500MHz QDR on the 3GB of GDDR5 memory. Since we've already looked at the performance of a reference clocked card we've chosen to look at the HIS card with it overclocked via the latest version of MSI Afterburner.
We ended up running our core at 1130MHz while our memory was running at a nice 6100MHz QDR. This is a really nice overclock from the stock clocks and should bring with it a strong performance increase. If you looked at our XFX review, though, you might've noticed that we achieved over 1200MHz on the core. It's worth noting that the XFX card was only tested at that speed under 3DMark 11 and the fan was set to 100%. Today we want to find an overclock that is usable across all our benchmarks, essentially something that people could use in day to day setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ