Test System and Thermal Results
With the system listed above I apply Arctic Cooling MX-2 to all the coolers I have tested on the Gigabyte motherboard to even things out with all the cooler manufacturers. To gauge the idle temperatures I allow the PC to run for a few minutes from the fresh reboot. I then open RealTemp and let things again settle as the reading spikes until the processor is again fully idle. At this point I get the reading and report it to the charts. For the load testing, both stock and overclocked, we use Intel Burn Test to supply the system load. In this application I set it to work eight threads for 50 passes, and maximize the memory tested to over 3000MB to generate as much load as possible to the coolers. With RealTemp open for the entire run, I report the highest temperature seen during the test run. All cooler testing is done open air on a test bench with an ambient temperature of 24.5° - 25°C.
In addition with these tests, I incorporated the use of a fan controller and voltages were verified with a digital multi-meter at the fans 3-pin connection. Also prior to any testing, both of the new loops were run for a total of 2 hours each to be sure they were complete void of air in the loop to ensure the best results for the testing.
With all three kits, at idle, all three kits equaled out at the same levels. With only 0.9V running through the processor at idle, the results of twenty-five degrees with 12V to the fans and twenty-six degrees when supplying 7.5V, there isn't anything to complain about at this level as all three kits top the chart.
With the fans running at 12V, both of the Edge HD's beat the best air cooler by a minimum of five degrees, at stock levels. I moved the EPIC 180 up on purpose to show it right next to a custom loop versus the best AIO I have tested. The old Edge kit still beat the other air coolers, but fell to third behind both of the newer kits. That's right, even the new H20-220 Edge HD is more capable than its larger forerunner.
Once we overclocked the system, the gap between kits got a bit larger, but even here it was only a four degree spread across the three Swiftech entries. At 12V the 320 HD just edges out the 220HD by a degree, and both are three degrees cooler than the original. What I really like to see here is that the radiators are almost as efficient for just a CPU loop to handle everything at 7.5V to the fans. Once you add the additional loops to the HD system, the 12V may show more advantage, but for just a CPU, turn the fans down and enjoy the low noise, much cooler CPU cooling solution.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Swiftech H2O-220 Edge HD Unboxing]
- Page 5 [The Apogee HD CPU Water Block]
- Page 6 [The Apogee HD CPU Water Block Continued]
- Page 7 [MCR220 Drive, MCP35X, and RDM1225S Fans]
- Page 8 [What Sets the H2O-320 Edge HD kit Apart]
- Page 9 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 10 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner