When Matt Dawson from MyDigitalDiscount worked for RunCore, he set them the path to embrace netbook and next generation notebook storage products. Matt is one of the people who helped push netbook technology to the mainstream and his contributions include helping develop faster storage products for the platform. Matt is no longer with RunCore, off to focus on his own products for MyDigitalSSD, but his guidance and direction lives on at RunCore.
RunCore is producing two mSATA SSDs these days, one a SATA II model and the one we are looking at today, a SATA III unit. The RunCore RCP-V-T50 uses a SandForce SF-2281 controller and pairs it with 25nm IMFT MLC flash. At this time there are very few SATA III mSATA ports in production machines, but that will change soon. Intel has already told us that in 2012 at least 60 new ultrabook designs will come to market. Of that sixty, several will feature an mSATA interface and most will support SATA III speeds.
Already on the market are innovative designs from Lenovo and other manufacturers that support SATA III mSATA, so there are already products in place that can use the RunCore T50.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit