When Matt Dawson from MyDigitalDiscount worked for RunCore, he set them the path to embrace netbook and next generation notebook storage products. Matt is one of the people who helped push netbook technology to the mainstream and his contributions include helping develop faster storage products for the platform. Matt is no longer with RunCore, off to focus on his own products for MyDigitalSSD, but his guidance and direction lives on at RunCore.
RunCore is producing two mSATA SSDs these days, one a SATA II model and the one we are looking at today, a SATA III unit. The RunCore RCP-V-T50 uses a SandForce SF-2281 controller and pairs it with 25nm IMFT MLC flash. At this time there are very few SATA III mSATA ports in production machines, but that will change soon. Intel has already told us that in 2012 at least 60 new ultrabook designs will come to market. Of that sixty, several will feature an mSATA interface and most will support SATA III speeds.
Already on the market are innovative designs from Lenovo and other manufacturers that support SATA III mSATA, so there are already products in place that can use the RunCore T50.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard