Well, I must say that I was impressed by the level of performance that was displayed today. And when you consider that the Cooler Master line generally costs far less than some of the other available options, it makes the picture look even sweeter. Though unavailable yet due to the newness of the SE version, the original was being sold for about US$12-15, so expect a similarly priced new edition. A little higher is expected since it is all copper, but it won't be nearly the level of your standard high-end cooling solution.
But even though it performed admirably, it is still plagued by that flimsy clipping mechanism. While this may not be a problem for some folks, it can certainly lead me to the edge since I am always playing around with something inside the case. This often leads to the removal and reinstallation of the processor, so the sink needs to come off. It should be such a simple thing to get squared away, so lets hope it gets fixed soon.
Bottom line... If you happen to be in the market for a quality HSF but don't have a lot of cash at your disposal, then take a long, hard look at the Cooler Master X-Dream SE. It has nearly everything you could possibly want in a heatsink and performs as well as coolers that sell for twice the money. Excellent job Cooler Master!
All copper design
Skiving Fin Technology
Adjustable fan speeds
Choice of fan speed adjustment locations
Flimsy clipping mechanism
Still a bit noisy at high speed
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz