Well, I must say that I was impressed by the level of performance that was displayed today. And when you consider that the Cooler Master line generally costs far less than some of the other available options, it makes the picture look even sweeter. Though unavailable yet due to the newness of the SE version, the original was being sold for about US$12-15, so expect a similarly priced new edition. A little higher is expected since it is all copper, but it won't be nearly the level of your standard high-end cooling solution.
But even though it performed admirably, it is still plagued by that flimsy clipping mechanism. While this may not be a problem for some folks, it can certainly lead me to the edge since I am always playing around with something inside the case. This often leads to the removal and reinstallation of the processor, so the sink needs to come off. It should be such a simple thing to get squared away, so lets hope it gets fixed soon.
Bottom line... If you happen to be in the market for a quality HSF but don't have a lot of cash at your disposal, then take a long, hard look at the Cooler Master X-Dream SE. It has nearly everything you could possibly want in a heatsink and performs as well as coolers that sell for twice the money. Excellent job Cooler Master!
All copper design
Skiving Fin Technology
Adjustable fan speeds
Choice of fan speed adjustment locations
Flimsy clipping mechanism
Still a bit noisy at high speed
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit