As always you can see our main testbed information in the above image, so there's no real need to go into too much detail; instead we'll just get into the overclocking side of things to see what the mATX X79 Extreme4-M is capable of.
The one thing we noticed on the X79 Extreme4 was while overclocking performance was strong, it preferred to run at a lower BCLK and instead opt for the higher multiplier. Going into the Extreme4-M BIOS, we found ourselves doing the same thing.
In the end we ended up in Windows running with a 43x Multiplier and 100 BCLK which brought our CPU clock in at 4.3GHz. We could actually get into Windows higher than this, as high as 4.6GHz actually, but we found under CPU intensive tasks the CPU clock would drop down for some reason.
Considering the mATX stature of the board, though, this isn't too bad an overclock at all and should bring with it a nice little performance increase over the stock numbers. Considering the size of the board, you could probably build yourself an awesome mATX system around it. We need to see what performance is like first, though.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bungie is satisfied with Destiny 2 even if Activision isn't
- Microsoft vows to fix Windows Store for better PC gaming
- GIVEAWAY: Two awesome Antec chassis prize packs up for grabs
- Everything you need for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Ronald McDonald 'will not' be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch