The Motherboard Continued
Moving up to the top of the board, we can see on the far left we've got another SATA port present here that points upwards. This is also SATA III but doesn't run off the Intel X79 chip; instead it runs off the ASMedia ASM1061 controller. Just below that SATA port we can also see another USB 2.0 connector.
Moving along a bit more, we've got a USB 3.0 connector along with our main 24-Pin ATX power connector. Along with these we've got three Fan headers and you can see the gold caps that ASRock have been using for a bit now.
Moving around to the CPU area, you can see we've got our 8-Pin CPU power connector sitting towards the back of the board and we've got a total of four DDR3 DIMM slots supporting up to 32GB of 2400MHz RAM via overclocking. We also get a good look at the heatsink across the top of the board here and see that like most boards these days, the CPU area is pretty clean. The only other piece that stands out around here is the Molex connector that you can see sits above the top most PCIe x16 slot. You might want to use this if you decide to go for a high end SLI or CrossFire setup.
Before we move onto the BIOS side of things, we check out the I/O which starts with two PS/2 ports on the left, clear CMOS button, Optical and S/PIDF ports along with two USB 3.0 ports running off the ASMedia ASM1042 controller. We've then got six USB 2.0 ports, Gigabit LAN via the Broadcom BCM57781 controller, Firewire and eSATA and six audio ports that run off the Realtek ALC898 HD codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Heavy Rain/Detroit: Become Human will release on Epic Store
- Epic Games announces $100 million grant program
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023